Anyone with a small space or large open living can have beautiful greenery enriching their home. Our love for plants and nature has led us to explore and try different DIY home gardening projects such as this wall hung succulent garden. Our modern interior designers shared this easy and fun project created to give any space a beautiful garden accent.
Succulents are trendy and lovely desert plants that can be found in a variety of colors and shapes. They are a great low maintenance plant option that just needs watering once a week and a sunny spot indoors or outdoors.
Add the beauty of sun-loving plants in your home by creating your own succulent garden! Now lets get your work gloves and wire cutter tool to create together with your favorite interior designers your own succulent collage following the easy steps below:
1. Start with a cedar succulent box with drainage holes on a comfortable workspace and start filling the frame with succulent mix, we recommend Pennington 10 in. Cedar Succulent Box through the wire mesh.
2. Once you have the succulent planter box ready, it’s time to select the succulent variety you want to use for your collage be as creative or as simple as you prefer. Next, prepare cuttings, by removing any offsets or stems from your plants.
3. Layout the plants according to the final look you want to achieve. Move them around to see how they look together before plants them.
4. Now, it’s time to plant! Place the cuttings a few inches below the soil, and pack down the soil to keep the plant firm in place. Don’t forget to leave a space between each cutting to allow for growth.
5. Add some extra soil according to the succulent’s size until you have filled the planter box.
6. Add water!
7. FINAL LOOK!
TIP: It’s very important to know about the plants you are using. Visit your local nursery and ask about how to care and maintain your plants and how to select the ones best suited for you and your home.